The STM32F756NG microcontroller from STMicroelectronics draws on the high performance of the new ARM® Cortex®-M7 core to provide as much as two times the processing and DSP performance of previous generations of ARM Cortex-M MCUs.
The new MCU operates at up to 200MHz and uses a six-stage super-scalar pipeline and floating point unit to produce performance rated at up to 1,000 CoreMarks.
Architectural innovations by ST boost the MCU’s performance and ease of use. ST has included two independent mechanisms to produce zero wait-state performance from both internal and external memories: ST’s ART Accelerator™ for internal embedded Flash, and L1 cache for both execution and data access from internal and external memories.
Manufactured on ST’s robust 90nm CMOS process technology, the STM32F756NG produces its high performance without sacrificing power efficiency: in Run, Stop and Stand-by modes, it draws the same low current as the slower STM32 F4 series of MCUs. Power
usage is 120μA in Stop mode with all context and SRAM content saved, and 1.7μA in Stand-by mode Peripherals include an SDMMC interface, a flexible memory-control interface, and a camera interface for CMOS sensors.
- 512kbyte and 1Mbyte embedded Flash
- Peripherals include an independent clock domain
- Flexible external memory controller
- Dual quad serial peripheral interface
- Dual general-purpose DMA controllers
- Chrom-ART Accelerator™ hardware graphics engine
- Full-Speed and Hi-Speed USB2.0 interfaces with Full-Speed USB PHy
- IoT end nodes
- User interface in home appliances
Feature-rich kit aimed at designers using STM32F7 series of MCUs
The 32F746GDISCOVERY development kit from STMicroelectronics allows users to develop applications intended to run on devices in the STM32F7 series of microcontrollers, which are based on the ARM® Cortex®-M7 core.
The Discovery kit enables designers to experiment with the functions provided by the STM32F7 MCUs, including audio, multi-sensor support, graphics, security, video and high-speed connectivity.
In addition, the 32F746GDISCOVERy is compatible with the Arduino format, providing expansion capabilities from a wide choice of specialised add-on boards.
It provides five power-supply options:
• ST LINK/V2-1
• USB Full-Speed connector
• USB Hi-Speed connector
• Input from Arduino connector
• External 5V supply from connector
The board can also provide a 3.3V or 5V power supply to external applications.
- STM32F746NGH6 MCU with 1Mbyte of Flash memory and 340kbytes of RAM
- On-board ST-LINK/V2-1
- 4.3”, 480×272 pixel colour LCD with capacitive touch screen
Orderable Part Number: 32F746GDISCOVERy
Eval board provides audio functions and display for enhanced application development
The STM32756G-EVAL evaluation board from STMicroelectronics is a complete demonstration and development platform for the ARM® Cortex®-M7 core-based STM32F756NGH6 microcontroller.
The full range of hardware features on the board helps the user to evaluate all the peripherals in the STM32F756NGH6, such as USB, Ethernet, motor control, audio signal processing and LCD controller. These include a stereo audio jack for a headset with microphone; a 5.7”, 640×480 pixel TFT colour display with capacitive touch; a joystick with four-direction control and a camera module.
Extension headers make it possible to easily connect a daughterboard for a specific application. The integrated STLINK/V2-1 provides an embedded in-circuit debugger and programmer for the MCU.
The STM32756G-EVAL includes six 5V power-supply options:
• Power jack
• ST-LINK/V2-1 USB connector
• User USB Hi-Speed connector
• User USB Full-Speed 1 connector
• User USB Full-Speed 2 connector
- STM32F756NGH6 microcontroller with 1Mbyte of Flash and 324kbytes of RAM
- 2Gbyte microSD card
- RS-232 communication
- IrDA transceiver
- IEEE 802.3-2002-compliant Ethernet connector
Orderable Part Number: STM32756G-EVAL