The TSU101, TSU102 and TSU104 provide accurate signal conditioning of high-impedance sensors; the TSU104 is particularly well suited for use with Passive Infra-Red (PIR) presence detection sensors.
A PIR sensor may be used in a battery powered system to detect the presence of a person in its field of vision. It is commonly used in security systems, automatic doors and automatic light controls.
The TSU104, which integrates four op-amps inside a single package and offers 8kHz of gain bandwidth, can amplify and filter the small signal generated by a PIR sensor. Its tiny 3mm x 3mm package helps to keep the system’s board footprint to a minimum, and thus helps OEMs to reduce bill-of-materials and manufacturing costs.
Featuring a no-load current of 580nA per channel, the TSU10x op amps draw less current than is supplied by the typical self discharge current of a lithium-ion battery.
- 5pA maximum input bias current at 25°C
- Operating-voltage range: 1.5V to 5.5V
- Unity gain stable
- Rail-to-rail input and output
- 2kV ESD rating according to human body model
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to 85°C
- Ultra-violet and photo-sensors
- Electrochemical and gas sensors
- PIR sensors
- Battery-current sensing
- Medical instrumentation