Vishay Intertechnology has introduced a new series of ENYCAP™ hybrid energy-storage capacitors with low 2.5mm profiles which feature industry-high energy density of 13Ws/g.
The Vishay BCcomponents 196 HVC ENyCAP series is available in versions with up to six cells and capacitance values from 4F to 90F. Stacked through-hole, surface-mount flat and lay-flat configurations feature pins, tabs, and connectors. Voltage ratings start at 1.4V for a single-cell configuration, and also include 2.8V, 4.2V, 5.6V, 7.0V and 8.4V versions (with multiple cells).
Its unique technology, which requires no cell balancing, provides soft charging characteristics. The low leakage current after 24 hours is in a range from 0.03mA to 0.5mA.
For technical evaluation, Vishay provides a complete development kit. This demonstrates a complete 20V/1A buck DC-DC and back-up regulator with integrated ENyCAP charger, charge-current monitor, integrated timer and deep-discharge load-switch protection.
The devices offer a useful life of 1,000 hours at 85°C.
- Non-hazardous electrolyte
- Maintenance-free, no service necessary
- Back-up power for data-storage applications
- Power-failure and write-cache protection for hard disk drives
- Power sources for real-time clocks
- Burst-power support for flash lights and wireless transmitters
- Back-up power for industrial PCs and industrial control systems
- Storage device for energy-harvesting systems
Orderable Part Number: MAL219699001E3