With a variety of wireless solutions, sensors and eXtreme Low Power (XLP) PIC® Microcontrollers, Microchip products enable end-to-end solutions that help you successfully connect your embedded system to the cloud and take advantage of all of the benefits of doing so.
The Internet of Things takes advantages of Cloud Connected Embedded Systems. Cloud Connected Embedded Systems can be found in products all around you. Products such as wearable fitness monitors, home security systems, home automation systems, garage door openers, industrial controls and many more.
Microchip’s Curiosity Development Board (DM164137) is a cost-effective, fully integrated 8-bit development platform targeted at first-time users, makers and those seeking a feature-rich, rapid prototyping board.
Designed from the ground-up to take full advantage of Microchip’s MPLAB® X integrated development environment, the Curiosity Development Board includes an integrated programmer/ debugger, and requires no additional hardware to get started. The Curiosity Development Board supports all low-voltage, programming-enabled 8-bit PIC® MCUs from 8 to 20 pins.
Curiosity is the perfect platform to harness the power of modern 8-bit PIC® Microcontrollers. Its layout and external connections offer unparalleled access to the Core Independent Peripherals (CIPs) available on many newer 8-bit PIC MCUs. These CIPs enable the user to integrate various system functions onto a single MCU, simplifying the design and keeping system power consumption and BOM cost low.
Features & Benefits
• Supports 8-, 14-, 20-pin 8-bit PIC® Microcontrollers with low voltage programming capability
• Integrated Programmer/Debugger with USB Interface
• Integrates seamlessly with MPLAB® X IDE and Code Configurator
• Various user interface options – mTouch® button, analog potentiometer, and physical switches
• Mikrobus™ support with over 100 MikroElectronika Click™ add-on boards available
• RN4020 Bluetooth module footprint
Curiosity Development Board
Orderable Part Number : DM164137
Microchips RN2483 is a fully certified LoRa® Sub-GHz, 433/868 MHz modem that serves as the end node device in the LoRa network infrastructure. This small form factor modem has the complete LoRaWAN™ protocol stack and PIC® MCU on board, and is easy to configure via simple ASCII commands through the UART which greatly reduces development time.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• 10-mile range without repeaters
• 10-year battery life
• SMA connector for 433 MHz and 868 MHz bands
• Supply Current measurement points
• On-board LDO
• UART traffic LEDs
• ICSP header to program the on-board PIC18 MCU
• USB connector
• PICtail™ and PICtail™ Plus connection interfaces
• PIC18 MCU for custom functions
• Internet of Things (IoT)
• Machine-to-Machine (M2M)
• Smart Cities
• Energy Measurement
• Industrial / Commercial / Home Automation
High speed and performance for high-bandwidth applications - PIC32MZ EF Family
Fully featured orderable part – PIC32MZ2048EFM100-I/PT
Fully featured orderable part – PIC32MZ2048EFH100-I/PT
A double-precision FPU, dedicated DSP pipeline and a high-performance 12-bit ADC allow Microchip’s PIC32MZ EF series of 32-bit MCUs to improve code density, decrease latency and accelerate performance in process-intensive applications.
The 48 devices in the PIC32MZ EF family also offer up to 2 MB of dual-panel Flash and up to 512 KB RAM. A live-update capability allows the Flash to be updated whilst the CPU is in operation. The family also offers a rich peripheral set and more connectivity options than any other PIC32 MCU.
In the LCCG configuration, the PIC32MZ EF family can drive WQVGA displays without the added cost of external graphics controllers. There is also support for high-throughput data encryption, decryption and authentication from the optional, full-featured hardware crypto engine with true random number generator.
FEATURES & BENEFITS :
32-bit MCU with DSP-enhanced core
• 200 MHz/330 DMIPS, MIPS M-class core
• Up to 2MB dual-panel live update Flash memory
High performance and lower latency for high bandwidth applications
• FPU for fast single- and double-precision math
• 12-bit, 18 MSPS, 48-channel ADC module
Widest range of PIC32 connectivity options
• UART, I2C, PMP, EBI, SQI SPI/I2S interfaces for audio processing and playback
• Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Device/Host/OTG
• 10/100 Mbps Ethernet MAC with MII and RMII interface
Microchip’s PIC24F “GB2” Microcontrollers secure data and cut power consumption - PIC24F GB2 Family
Fully featured orderable part : PIC24FJ128GB204-I/PT
With integrated security features, eXtreme Low Power (XLP) technology and easy connectivity, Microchip’s PIC24F “GB2” family of 16-bit microcontrollers enables secure data transfers and storage for Internet of Things and other battery-powered embedded applications.
The fully featured hardware crypto engine in Microchip’s PIC24F “GB2” Microcontrollers supports AES, DES and 3DES encryption, protecting the data in embedded designs whilst also reducing
the software overhead, cutting power consumption and increasing data throughput.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Increase security for data transfers & data storage
• Hardware crypto engine supports AES, DES and 3DES encryption
• On-chip Random Number Generator (RNG)
Extend battery life with XLP technology
• Run current down to 180 μA/MHz
• Sleep current down to 18 nA
Save space with small package options
• 28-pin SOIC, SSOP, SPDIP & QFN
• 44-pin TQFP and QFN packages
Add design flexibility with a family of devices
• Up to 128 KB Flash and 8 KB RAM
• USB and non-USB versions
• Medical & fitness products
• Computer products
• Industrial equipment
Microchip doubles Flash memory and adds new security options in latest family of eXtreme Low Power PIC® MCUs
Features of the new PIC24F “GB4” family include an integrated hardware crypto engine with both OTP and Key RAM options for secure key storage, up to 256 KB of Flash memory and a direct drive for segmented LCD displays, in 64-, 100- or 121-pin packages. Dual-partition Flash with Live Update capability allows the devices to hold two independent software applications, and permits the simultaneous programming of one partition while executing application code from the other.
• Integrated hardware cryptographic engine
• OTP and Key Ram options
• 256 KB of Flash memory
• Multiple Power Management Options for Extreme Power Reduction
• Direct drive for segmented LCD displays
• Dual-partition Flash with Live Update capability
• Support for the AES, DES and 3DES standards
• True Random Number Generator
• Supports ECB, CBC, OFB, CTR and CFB128 modes
• Medical and fitness
• Portable applications
8-bit PIC® Microcontrollers with Core Independent Peripherals – PIC16(L)F1885X/7X
Fully featured orderable part : PIC16LF18855-I/SS
PIC16(L)F1885X/7X microcontrollers feature Analog, Core Independent Peripherals and communication peripherals, combined with eXtreme Low Power (XLP) for a wide range of general purpose and low-power applications. The family will feature the CRC/SCAN, HLT and Windowed WDT to support customers looking to add safety to their application.
Additionally, this family includes up to 56 KB of Flash memory, along with a 10-bit ADC with Computation (ADC2) for automated signal analysis to reduce the complexity of the application.
• Simplifies design & PCB layout
• CIPs add core-free functions
• Peripheral Pin Select (PPS) for flexible pin-mapping
Add more functions to smaller designs
• 8- to 40-pin packages
• 1.8V to 5.5V operating voltage
• New eXtreme Low Power (XLP) power-saving modes: – IDLE & DOZE, – Peripheral module disable
• On-chip closed-loop feedback: – 10-bit ADC with computation – 5-bit DAC, internal voltage references and comparators
• Safety & monitoring functions
• Motor control
• Home appliances
• Sensor interfaces
• Small appliances
• Internet of Things (IoT)
• Wireless communication
• Capacitive buttons & sliders
• Industrial & automotive system monitoring & fail-safe
Microchip is committed to supporting its customers in developing products faster and more efficiently. We maintain a worldwide network of field applications engineers and technical support ready to provide product and system assistance. In addition, the following service areas are available at www.microchip.com:
• Support link provides a way to get questions answered fast: www.microchip.com/support
• Sample link offers evaluation samples of any Microchip device: www.microchip.com/samples
• Forum link provides access to knowledge base and peer help: www.microchip.com/forums
• Buy link provides locations of Microchip Sales Channel Partners: www.microchip.com/sales
If additional training interests you, then Microchip can help. We continue to expand our technical training options, offering a growing list of courses and in-depth curriculum locally, as well as significant online resources – whenever you want to use them.
• Technical Training Centres and Other Resources: www.microchip.com/training
• MASTERs Conferences: www.microchip.com/masters
• Worldwide Seminars: www.microchip.com/seminars
• eLearning: www.microchip.com/webseminars
Microcontrollers / Digital Signal Controllers / Analog / Memory / Wireless