The PN5180 supports NFC-based standards including ISO/IEC 15693, Felica™, MIFARE® and the ISO/IEC 14443A/B specifications.
New features introduced in the PN5180 include:
• Dynamic power control – which improves RF system performance, optimises the effective power output, and minimises overall energy consumption by automatically compensating for detuning effects created by nearby smartcards, NFC-enabled smartphones or metal objects.
• Simple certification – the PN5180 is precertified for NFC Forum compliance and for the EMVCo L1 contactless payments standard.
• Easy design process – the PN5180 is supported by advanced design-in software tools, including an intuitive graphical user interface which supports software independent tuning of the antenna’s register settings. The PN5180 also comes with a completely overhauled NFC reader library which is portable to various controller cores.
The front-end is supplied with intellectual property licensing rights for the NXP ISO/IEC 14443-A, Innovatron ISO/IEC 14443-B and NXP MIFARE Crypto 1 technologies.
- 250mA maximum transmitter current
- Low-power card detection in Polling mode
- 15μA stand-by current
- Active load modulation for use with small antennas
- Payment terminals
- Access-control system readers
- Industrial NFC readers
- High-performance NFC readers
The OM25180FDK is a flexible and easy to use front-end development kit for the PN5180. It contains a PNEV5180B board with two different antennas, and three small antenna-matching PCBs for implementation of a custom antenna-matching circuit, as well as an NFC sample card based on an NTAG216F type 2 tag.
Orderable Part Number: OM25180FDK