The new WiSeMCU™ family includes the RS10001, an 8.6mm x 8.6mm wireless MCU module with single-band Wi-Fi, dual-mode Classic Bluetooth/Bluetooth Low Energy and ZigBee radios, and a 100MHz ARM® Cortex®-M4 processor core. By combining the processor with multi-protocol wireless support, the WiSeMCU family makes it easier for mobile and IoT product designers to build new products with all the connectivity functions they require.
Also offered in the WiSeMCU module family are:
• the RS10002, a single-band wireless MCU module which has a footprint compatible with the Redpine RS9113 modules
• the dual-band RS10003 WiSeMCU module, which features a faster 160MHz ARM Cortex-M4 core and a larger 1Mbyte Flash memory. The RS10003 is one of the key components of Redpine’s innovative WyzBee IoT platform.
The WiSeMCU module family is fully certified and comes with a comprehensive development kit offering extensive software libraries, example projects, cloud access and support for multiple development environments.
The modules are supplied with a wireless local-area networking stack, a TCP/IP stack with SSL/TLS/HTTPS security, a Bluetooth v4.0 stack, and a ZigBee Pro stack, as well as advanced security functions including tamper-proof and clone-proof mechanisms. The high level of integration in the module means that designers can avoid the months of development time required to integrate external RF devices with a discrete MCU.
The WiSeMCU modules feature a deep power-down mode with a current requirement of less than 100nA, suitable for IoT devices requiring multiyear battery life.
The WiSeMCU modules support development paths which include direct integration into form-factor designs, prototyping with the WiSeMCU Software Development Kit (SDK), or prototyping through
Redpine’s WyzBee IoT platform.
- Full FCC, CE and IC certification
- USART interface
- I2C, I2S and USB interfaces
- 12-bit ADC
- Home automation
- Home appliances
- IP network sensor nodes
- Wireless gateways
- Portable fitness and health-monitoring equipment
- Fleet management and asset tracking
- Wireless headsets and speakers
- Medical devices
- Gaming consoles
- Intelligent sensing
- Wearable devices
- Industrial monitoring and control
The evaluation package comprises a WiSeMCU module-based board, accompanied by an SDK and source code for peripheral interfaces, an API library and hardware and software documentation.
Orderable Part Number: RS10001-NBZ-S0M-SDK