The dongle’s module is ETSI, FCC and IC certified. It uses the BlueNRG-MS, a low-power Bluetooth Smart network processor which is compliant with the Bluetooth 4.1 standard, and supports
both master and slave roles. The SPBTLE-RF module also integrates ST’s BALF-NRG-01D3 balun, a chip antenna and a power supply.
The STEVAL-IDB006V1M dongle is equipped with an STM32L low-power 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M3 microcontroller to control the Bluetooth Smart processor, and also features a USB connector for interfacing to the dongle’s GUI hosted on a PC. This USB connection also provides an interface for firmware updates.
A single-wire debug connector provides for the development of specific firmware on the MCU.
- Firmware and GUI fully compliant with BlueNRG-MS development kits
- AES security co-processor
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to 85°C
- Fitness, wellness and sports equipment
- Consumer medical devices
- Security/proximity monitors
- Remote controls
- Home and industrial automation
- Assisted living
- Mobile phone peripherals
- PC peripherals
Orderable Part Number: STEVAL-IDB006V1M