The LED6001 allows for the brightness of the LEDs’ output to be controlled either by a PWM dimming signal, or by an analogue voltage in a 10:1 ratio. In addition, enhanced PWM dimming can be realised with an external MOSFET in series with the LED string, which may be directly driven by a dedicated pin.
The high-side current sensing, in combination with a P-channel MOSFET, provides effective protection in case the positive terminal of the LED string is shorted to ground. The precise current-sensing circuitry provides for a reference current accurate to ±4%, helping the device to achieve very accurate LED current regulation and brightness over the whole temperature range and population of production units.
- Input-voltage range: 5.5V to 36V
- Fixed-frequency peak current-mode control
- Fixed internal soft-start
- Thermal shut-down with auto-restart
- Up to 60V LED output voltage
- Constant-current control loop
- Output over-current protection
- Protection against failure of sense resistor
- Street lighting
- Advertising panels
The STEVAL-ILL049V1 is an adapter board equipped with a single-channel, constant-current LED driver for several LEDs arranged in a single string. The LEDs may be dimmed with a PWM signal or an analogue control voltage.
Orderable Part Number: STEVAL-ILL049V1