Benefitting from Littelfuse’s multi-layer fabrication technology, the MLA series typically protects ICs and other components at the circuit-board level, for which it suppresses inductive switching and other transient events, and surge voltages. It may also be used to help end-products to achieve compliance with electromagnetic compatibility standards.
The MLA series TVS devices can operate over a wider temperature range than Zener diodes, and have a much smaller footprint than comparable components housed in plastic packages.
The wide operating-voltage and energy range of the MLA series makes it suitable for numerous applications in power supplies, industrial controls and signal lines.
The devices are manufactured from semiconducting ceramics, and are supplied in a leadless, surface-mount package. They are compatible with modern reflow and wave soldering procedures.
- Operating-voltage range: 3.5V to 120V
- Leadless 0402, 0603, 0805, 1206 and 1210 chip sizes
- Operating-temperature range: -55°C to 125°C
- Withstands 15kV air discharge and 8kV contact discharge
- Inherent bi-directional clamping
- Better than UL94V-0 flammability rating
- Industrial-automation equipment
- Power supplies