The first MCUs in STMicroelectronics’ new SPC57 S family offer the industry’s best combination of safety assurance and cost/performance ratio.
Building on the successful 32-bit SPC5 Power Architecture™ platform, the new SPC57 S products are intended for use in cost-sensitive automotive systems, such as steering and braking, that must meet the most stringent safety requirements, up to the highest ISO 26262 Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL) D grading. Safety features include:
- bus masters operate in delayed lockstep
- ECC applied to data stored in Flash and SRAM
- end-to-end EDC assures safety of the data path to storage and peripherals
- Memory error management unit for collection and reporting of error events in memories
- Fault collection and control unit for collection of and reaction to failure notifications
The MCU’s high-performance e200z0h dual-core Power Architecture processor implements in-order execution from a single-issue, four-stage pipeline. It supports variable-length encoding. It also features a direct memory access controller with 16 channels.
The SPC57 S family is built using advanced 55nm automotive wafer-fabrication technology, producing devices operating at clock speeds up to 80MHz. Its full-featured, low-cost tool-chain is compatible with the development infrastructure of existing Power Architecture devices, enabling rapid development of new safety-critical automotive systems. The design ecosystem includes the free SPC5Studio development environment, open-source code compilers, and a range of evaluation boards, programmers and debuggers.
- Up to 48kbytes of SRAM
- Two LIN modules
- One or two FlexCAN interfaces
- Two 12-bit SAR ADCs
- Four general purpose timer units with six channels each
- Junction-temperature range: -40°C to 150°C
- Safety-critical applications in vehicles and industrial equipment
- Airbags and anti-lock braking systems
- Power steering
- DC-DC converters/inverters in hybrid and electric vehicles
Orderable Part Number: SPC570S-DISP