STMicroelectronics has added the very low-cost, power-efficient STM32L0x1 Access Line to its STM32L0 family of microcontrollers based on the ARM® Cortex®-M0+ processor core. The STM32L011 in a new 14-pin package option is the smallest STM32 MCU, offering OEMs 32-bit processing power at a cost suitable for entry-level embedded applications.
The STM32L0x1 MCUs are packed with energy-saving features to help keep system power consumption low. They include:
- a low-power 12-bit ADC which draws only 1μA at 10ksamples/s
- multiple energy-saving modes, including a stop mode with full RAM retention and automatic wake-up, in which the MCU draws just 340nA. The device wakes up in just 3.5μs.
- a low-power pulse counter which remains available in ultra-low power mode
- an interconnect matrix which allows data handling to continue while the CPU is idle
Moreover, ST’s proprietary process technology is highly temperature-stable, ensuring the STM32L0 series offers low power consumption even at 125°C.
Software development is supported by the STM32CubeMX initialisation code generator and the STM32CubeL0 middleware and firmware suite. The STM32CubeL0 includes a hardware abstraction layer which simplifies porting to other devices within the pin- and code-compatible STM32 family. In addition, STM32Snippets offers code samples optimised for each STM32 device.
All STM32Cube tools are available free of charge, as are the ST-Link debugger and the DfuSe and Flash Loader tools, which simplify the use and testing of the ROM bootloader.
The STM32L0 series is supported by free third-party development tools including KEIL™ MDK-ARM, Ac6 System workbench, and the GCC-based Atollic TrueSTUDIO Lite. These tools are offered with no restrictions on features or devices supported.
- Up to 38 fast I/Os
- Up to 16kbytes of Flash memory
- 512 bytes of EEPROM
- Two low-power comparators
- Seven-channel DMA controller
- I2C and serial peripheral interfaces
- Chip-scale package measures 2.1mm x 2.1mm
- Wearable devices
- Medical monitors
- Industrial sensors
- Home automation
The NUCLEO-L011K4 includes an STM32L011K4 microcontroller, an on-board debugger/programmer, three LEDs and a Reset push-button. Arduino™ nano connectivity makes it easy to expand the functionality of the board with a choice of specialised shields.
Orderable Part Number: NUCLEO-L011K4