The NX5P3090 from NXP Semiconductors is a precision-adjustable current-limited power switch for USB Powered Device (PD) applications.
The device includes under-voltage lock-out, over-temperature protection, and reverse-current protection circuits to automatically isolate the switch terminals when a fault condition occurs.
In addition, the Current-limit input pin (ILIM) defines the over-current limit threshold. An open-drain fault output indicates when a fault condition has occurred.
The over-current limit threshold can be programmed to values between 400mA and 3.3A, using an external resistor. In over-current conditions, the device will clamp the output current to the value set by ILIM and keep the switch on while asserting a Fault flag.
To minimise current surges during turn-on and turn-off, the NX5P3090 implements a soft-start function which controls the rise and fall times.
The power switch is housed in a 12-bump 1.4mm × 1.7mm x 0.4mm chip-scale package.
- Supply-voltage range: 2.5V to 5.5V
- 29V tolerance on power-supply bus and Enable pin
- 3.3A maximum load current
- 30mΩ on-resistance
- Surge protection compliant with IEC 61000-4-5 exceeds ±100V on supply-voltage pin
- ESD protection:
- IEC 61000-4-2 contact discharge exceeds 8kV on supply-voltage pin
- ANSI/ESDA/JEDEC JS-001 Class 2 human body model exceeds 2kV
- Contact discharge model rating complies with AEC-Q100-01 (JESD22-C101E) standard
- USB PD and USB Type-C ports and hubs
- Consumer electronic devices
- Portable devices