NXP Semiconductors’ new PN7150 is the ideal solution for rapidly integrating NFC technology in any application, especially those running an operating system such as Linux® or AndroidTM.
The controller, which has a built-in ARM® Cortex®-M0 processor core, is supplied with a complete suite of NFC protocol software, providing for compliance with the full specifications of the industry’s NFC Forum standards.
Compared to 13.56MHz NFC implementations which use discrete components, the PN7150 also helps designers to reduce system size and bill-of-materials cost, since it provides:
• Direct connection to the main host or microcontroller via a physical I2C bus interface and NFC Controller Interface (NCI 1.0) protocol
• Ultra-low power consumption in polling-loop mode
• Highly efficient integrated power management unit supporting a direct supply from a battery
The PN7150 includes a new RF contactless front-end which supports multiple transmission modes as specified by the NFCIP-1 and NFCIP-2, ISO/IEC 14443, ISO/IEC 15693, MIFARE and FeliCa standards.
Offering higher sensitivity than NXP’s previous NFC front-end, it can also implement active load modulation to provide strong coupling and adequate range when operating through a small antenna.
The PN7150’s integrated firmware makes it easy to perform NFC system validation, as all the NFC real-time constraints, protocols and device-discovery operations are handled internally. With only a few NCI commands, the host software can configure the PN7150 to notify that it has detected a card or peer and to start communicating with them.
- Includes NXP ISO/IEC 14443-A, Innovatron ISO/IEC 14443-B and NXP MIFARE crypto1 intellectual-property licensing rights
- Highly integrated demodulator and decoder
- Integrated RF level detector
- RF protocols supported-NFCIP-1, NFCIP-2
-ISO/IEC 14443A, ISO/IEC 14443B PICC mode via host interface
-ISO/IEC 14443A, ISO/IEC 14443B PCD designed according to NFC Forum digital protocol T4T platform and ISO-DEP
-FeliCa PCD mode
-MIFARE PCD encryption mechanism (MIFARE 1K/4K)
-NFC Forum tag 1 to 4 (MIFARE Ultralight, Jewel, Open FeliCa tag, DESFire)
-ISO/IEC 15693/ICODE VCD mode
- TVs, set-top boxes, Blu-ray decoders
- Audio devices
- Home-automation equipment
- Home gateways and wireless routers
- Home appliances
- Wearable devices
- Personal healthcare/fitness equipment
- IP phones