Vishay Intertechnology has expanded its portfolio of N-channel power MOSFETs, introducing the 650V EF series devices to provide greater voltage headroom when compared to the existing 600V E series MOSFETs.
Benefitting from the super-junction MOSFET technology on which the E series MOSFETs are based, the 650V EF devices offer a ten times lower reverse-recovery charge than standard MOSFETs. This enables them to regain the ability to block the full breakdown voltage more quickly, helping to avoid failure from shoot- through and thermal over-stress.
The new EF MOSFETs, which include a fast body diode, may be used in advanced power circuit designs: they are particularly well suited to Zero-Voltage Switching (ZVS) and soft- switching topologies such as phase-shifted bridges and LLC converter half-bridges.
Their ultra-low on-resistance and gate charge result in extremely low conduction and switching losses, helping users to save energy in high-power, high-performance switch-mode applications.
- 650V maximum drain-to-source voltage
- 100% UIS tested to withstand high energy pulses in the avalanche and commutation modes
- Continuous maximum drain currents at case temperature of 100°C: 13A to 20A
- Operating junction-temperature range: -55°C to 150°C
- Solar inverters
- Server and telecoms power systems
- Switch-mode power supplies
- Welding equipment
- Uninterruptible power supplies
- Battery chargers
- External electric-vehicle charging stations
|Part Number||Maximum On-resistance (mΩ) at 10V||Gate Charge (nC) at 10V||Drain Current (A) at 25°C||Reverse-recovery Charge (μC) at 25°C||Package|
|SiHA21N65EF||180||71||21||1.2||Thin-lead TO-220 FullPAK|