The PTN36043 from NXP Semiconductors is a very small, low- power active multiplexer/demultiplexer for SuperSpeed USB3.1 Gen 1 devices which can switch two differential signals to one of two locations. The device may be used to extend existing high-speed ports while consuming very little additional power.
The PTN36043 has an integrated USB3.1 Gen 1 redriver. This enhances signal quality by performing receive equalisation on the deteriorated input signal followed by transmit de-emphasis thus optimising system link performance.
With its superior differential signal conditioning and enhancement capability the device provides for flexible implementation across various systems with different PCB characteristics and cable channel conditions while still offering good power consumption.
The PTN36043 offers advanced power- management capabilities which save power under various USB3.1 Gen 1 low-power modes. It can detect link electrical conditions and can dynamically activate/de-activate internal circuitry and logic. The device performs these actions without host software intervention.
- Pin-out data flow matches USB Type-C connector pin assignments
- Two control pins for each channel to select optimal signal conditions
- Integrated termination resistors provide impedance matching on both transmit and receive sides
- Automatic receiver termination detection
- 203mW active power consumption at 1.8V
- 14dB differential and 15dB common-mode return losses
- Mobile devices
- Docking stations
- USB3.1 Gen 1 peripherals
- Flat-panel displays
- Storage devices