TE Connectivity’s AMPMODU MTE interconnection system may be used for wire-to-board and wire-to-wire applications. Components available in the AMPMODU system include receptacle assemblies with guide ribs, vertical and right-angle polarised and latching headers, and single- and double-row coupling shrouds.
The product implements Insulation Displacement Contacts (IDC) or Crimp Snap-In contacts to suit the application’s needs. The benefits of IDC are time saving, the availability of pre-loaded contacts and support for automated assembly.
Crimp snap-in contacts are cost-effective, and provide flexibility by supporting a wider variety of wire sizes, but require manual labour in the assembly process. IDC and crimp snap- in contacts mate with the same header types.
Coupling shrouds permit ganging of smaller receptacle and pin assemblies with guide ribs to form larger single-
or double-row latching connectors. The AMPMODU MTE system supports both vertical and right- angle header types.
- 3A current rating (single contact in free air)
- 267V operating voltage
- 22-30 AWG wire sizes for IDC configurations
- 20-32 AWG wire sizes for crimp snap-in contacts
- Operating-temperature range: -65°C to 105°C
- High-temperature option is surface-mount compatible
- Medical instruments
- Automotive controls
- Commercial printing machines
- Vending machines
- Instrumentation and test equipment
- Telecoms equipment
- Storage equipment