The SUM70040E and SUP70040E feature maximum on-resistance of 4mΩ, a low value which helps the user to keep conduction losses to a minimum when the host equipment is running. Use of the SUM70040E and SUP70040E also helps the power-system designer to achieve higher power density: their on-resistance is some 60% lower per mm2 of die area than Vishay’s previous-generation device.
The new MOSFETs are rated for a maximum drain-source voltage of 100V when operating from input voltages of up to 72V. They are provided with a gate-drive rating of 7.5V or a standard 10V.
These rugged parts, which tolerate a maximum junction temperature of 175°C, are suitable for use in harsh industrial applications.
- High immunity to gate coupling and shoot-through
- 120A maximum continuous drain current
- 76nC typical total gate charge
- 0.4°C/W junction-to-case thermal resistance
- Motor drives
- Solar micro-inverters
- Industrial battery-management systems
- AC-DC conversion and synchronous rectification
- Point-of-load and telecoms DC-DC converters
- Electric-vehicle charging stations
- ORing in server power supplies with a redundant power architecture