Its AEC-Q100 qualified monolithic boost converter supplies an output voltage of up to 36V, sufficient for 10 white LEDs per channel, from a battery input-voltage range of 4.5V to 36V.
The ALED7707’s LED driver consists of six controlled-current generators supplying the LED arrays used in LCD backlights. These generators may be externally programmed to sink up to 85mA, and may be dimmed via a PWM signal to a 1% duty cycle at 1kHz.
The device detects and manages open and short LED faults. It offers output over-voltage, internal MOSFET over-current and thermal shut-down protection.
- Constant-frequency peak current-mode control
- Adjustable switching-frequency range: 250kHz to 1MHz
- Pulse-skip power-saving mode at light load
- Programmable soft-start
- ±3% current matching between rows
- LCD backlighting for infotainment systems
- Daytime running lights
- Interior and exterior lights in cars
- Dashboard backlighting
This evaluation board provides an application example of a six-channel, medium-current LED driver using the ALED7707 chip. It demonstrates a compact reference solution for automotive applications involving several LEDs arranged in multiple strings, such as interior lighting or infotainment LCD backlighting.
Orderable Part Number: STEVAL-ILL067V1