STMicroelectronics’ STM32CubeMX is a graphical tool which enables designers to configure STM32 microcontrollers quickly and easily, generating the appropriate initialisation C code through a guided step-by-step process.
STM32CubeMX is a part of the STM32Cube development system. STM32Cube consists of free-of-charge tools and embedded software bricks which enable fast and easy development of applications on the STM32 platform.
The embedded software bricks include a Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) for easy porting from one STM32 device or series to another, and middleware bricks for the most common functions required, such as a real- time operating system, USB, TCP/IP and graphics.
The STM32Cube software is supplied with every STM32 Nucleo expansion board. The software libraries provide abstracted access to the expansion board’s functions through high- level application programming interfaces. ST also provides sample applications covering functions such as motor control, Bluetooth Low Energy and NFC connectivity, and sensing.
- Intuitive STM32 microcontroller selection
- Graphical MCU configuration
- C code project generation compliant with IARTM, KeilTM and GCC compilers
- Available as stand-alone software running on the Windows® or Linux® operating systems
- Available as an Eclipse plug-in
- Any design using an STM32 microcontroller