The P-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 consists of two main functional blocks:
• The SX1272MB2xAS LoRaTM extension board. Its Semtech SX1272 transceiver is the basis of the LoRaTM modem, which provides very long-range spread-spectrum communication with high immunity to interference. Using Semtech’s patented LoRa modulation technique, the SX1272 transceiver can achieve a sensitivity of more than -137dBm while operating at very low power.
• A control block, the NUCLEO-L073RZ microcontroller board. This features an STM32L073RZT6 32-bit MCU based on an ARM® Cortex®-M0+ processor core. The board also includes ST morpho extension headers and an ArduinoTM Uno connector.
Backed by a certified embedded software solution, I-CUBE-LRWAN, the P-NUCLEO- LRWAN1 kit gives designers all the tools they need to implement a complete LoRaWANTM Class A node, including free LoRa stack software downloadable from ST’s website. The kit’s RF system is suitable for operation in any country which permits the use of the 868MHz or 915MHz ISM frequency bands.
As well as supporting LoRa technology, the P-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 kit can also be used for systems using FSK, GFSK, MSK, GMSK or OOK modulation schemes.
- 20dBm, 100mW constant RF output
- 157dB maximum link budget
- Programmable bit rate up to 300kbits/s
- 89dB blocking immunity
- 10mA Receive current
- Fully integrated synthesiser with a resolution of 61Hz
- Built-in bit synchroniser for clock recovery
- IoT end nodes
- Wireless sensor networks
- Building and home automation
- Street-lighting networks
Orderable Part Number: P-NUCLEO-LRWAN1