The PN7462 from NXP Semiconductors is a single-chip solution for NFC communication which combines an ARM® Cortex®-M0 microcontroller core with a USB interface, a contact interface and full NFC capability.
The PN7462 is supplied with libraries of reader firmware which complies with various NFC standards, simplifying the process of certifying and validating the performance of end products. Featuring extensive memory resources, the controller can also be loaded with fully customised firmware for the end product’s applications.
The PN7462 supports the following operating modes:
• ISO/IEC 14443-A and -B
• JIS X 6319-4 (comparable with the FeliCa scheme)
• ISO/IEC 15693, ICODE®, ISO/IEC 18000-3 mode 3
• Tag reader/writer and P2P NFC protocols
• ISO/IEC 14443-A card emulation
• EMVCo for contactless payment cards
The PN7462 also supports Dynamic Power Control (DPC), providing for optimised antenna operation and outstanding NFC performance. The ARM Cortex-M0 core in the PN7462 includes up to 160kbytes of Flash memory.
A full set of host/slave and master interfaces, along with up to 21 GPIOs and an optional contact interface, give developers a flexible range of options for implementing NFC- enabled end products. A primary downloader enables firmware downloads using the single- wire debug interface and USB mass storage.
- 12kbytes of RAM
- 4kbytes of EEPROM
- Up to 250mA transmitter current
- I2C, SPI, USB and UART interfaces
- Advanced power management
- Extensive support tools, including sample source code
- Access control
- Home banking
- Multi-market USB readers
Orderable Part Number: OM27462CDK