TE Connectivity (TE) has introduced the CoolSplice series of connectors, which are suitable for splicing solid, fused or stranded wire in 18AWG, 20AWG and 22AWG sizes. The connectors combine reliability with ease of termination.
A pair of pliers may be used to terminate insulated wires with a push-button into an insulation displacement crimp contact. This makes a reliable connection which may be inspected through the clear sidewall. The CoolSplice connectors are designed to fit through holes with a diameter of 16mm.
The IP ratings available with the CoolSplice parts enable users to make connections which withstand immersion in 1m of water for up to two hours.
- Current/voltage ratings:
• 18AWG and 20AWG: 5A maximum at 450V AC/DC
• 22AWG: 3.5A maximum at 450V AC/DC
- Ambient-temperature range:
-40°C to 75°C
- Operating-temperature range:
-40°C to 105°C
- IP20, IPX5, IPX7 and IPX8 ratings
- Compliant with IEC 60998-2-3
- UL 1977 recognised
- Commercial refrigeration lighting
- Display and cabinet lighting
- Lighting in furniture
- Outdoor lighting
- Architectural lighting
- Security and alarm systems
- Audio speaker connections
|Part Number||Wire Size||Sealed|