The PMEG4005CEA from Nexperia, the discrete power components business recently spun-off from NXP Semiconductors, is a planar Schottky barrier rectifier with a low forward voltage. This makes it suitable for low-voltage rectification and for applications in which power-conversion losses must be kept to a minimum.
The PMEG4005CEA is housed in a SOD323 (SC-76) surface-mount plastic package which has a footprint of just 1.8mm x 1.35mm. It features an integrated guard ring for stress protection.
The rectifier is rated for a maximum reverse voltage of 40V, and an average forward current of up to 0.5A at a switching frequency of 20kHz and a temperature of up to 135°C. Typical forward voltage is just 550mV, measured at a pulsed forward current of 500mA and a junction temperature of 25°C.
- 1.5μA reverse current
- 1.8ns reverse-recovery time
- 150°C maximum junction temperature
- Ambient-temperature range:
-55°C to 150°C
- 45K/W thermal resistance from junction to solder point
- AEC-Q101 qualified
- Low-voltage rectification
- High-efficiency DC-DC conversion
- Switch-mode power supplies
- Reverse-polarity protection
- Low-power applications
- Automotive applications