The Kinetis® V series of MCUs from NXP Semiconductors, based on the ARM® Cortex®-M0+, Cortex-M4 and Cortex-M7 cores, are intended for use in a wide range of motor- control and digital power-conversion applications.
Drawing on NXP’s extensive expertise in motor and power control, the Kinetis V series MCUs enable system developers to realise secure, connected, high-efficiency designs.
All the V series families are supported by a full enablement suite of software from NXP and third-party sources, including reference designs, software libraries and motor-configuration tools. These enablement resources include:
- Kinetis motor suite: supports three-phase Brushless DC (BLDC) and Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Motors (PMSM), providing a Field-Oriented Control (FOC) algorithm which is suitable for both sensorless and sensored control implementations
- Embedded software libraries: algorithms for mathematical, motor-control and power- conversion functions and for filters
- Reference designs for PMSM, BLDC and AC induction motors
- FreeMASTER GUI-based debug monitor and data visualisation tool
- Motor-control development toolbox: MATLAB®/Simulink® plug-in tool for automatic code generation
- Kinetis software development kit, a software framework for application development
- MQXTM real-time operating system
- Processor Expert® Eclipse plug-in tool