The new product family is aimed at high- performance applications that operate from an input voltage of up to 40V, in markets such as industrial, telecoms and consumer equipment.
The TS3004x product family is comprised of the TS30041 and the TS30042 DC-DC synchronous switching regulators. The TS30041 has a maximum continuous output-current rating of 1A, and the TS30042 is rated for 2A. The devices are available with a range of fixed output- voltage choices: 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V and 5V, all with ±2% output tolerance.
There is also an adjustable version which provides an output voltage ranging from 0.9V up to 1V lower than the input voltage. All the TS3004x products, which implement current- mode PWM control, have integrated power switches and robust fault-protection features. They run in pulse-frequency mode for improved efficiency at light loads.
The TS3004x regulators help designers to realise compact power-management designs, as they are housed in a small 16-pin QFN package with a 3mm x 3mm footprint.
- Input-voltage range: 4.5V-40V
- Up to 95% efficiency
- 1MHz fixed switching frequency
- High efficiency up to 95%
- Soft start
- Over-current, over-temperature and over-voltage protection
- Less than 10μA current in stand-by mode
- Low external component count
- Industrial power supplies
- Telecoms equipment
- Factory automation equipment