The SiC462 from Vishay is a synchronous buck regulator with integrated high-side and low-side power MOSFETs. Its power stage is capable of supplying a continuous current of 6A at a switching frequency of up to 1MHz.
The regulator produces an adjustable output voltage as low as 0.8V from a wide input-voltage range of 4.5V-60V.
The SiC462’s architecture provides for ultra-fast response to voltage transients with a small requirement for output capacitance. Tight ripple regulation is maintained at very light loads.
The device is stable with any capacitor, and no external ESR network is required for loop stability. The SiC462 also incorporates a power-saving scheme which significantly increases light-load efficiency.
The regulator offers a full set of protection functions, including output over-voltage protection, output under-voltage protection and thermal shut-down.
- Switching frequency selectable in a range from 100kHz to 1MHz
- 95% peak efficiency
- <10μA shut-down current
- <250μA operating current when enabled but not switching
- User-programmable soft start
- Cycle-by-cycle current limit
- Point-of-load power supplies in telecoms servers
- Industrial products
- Industrial computing equipment
- Consumer electronics devices