The protection and monitoring capabilities of the IP4788CZ32 for HDMI include:
• Over-current and over-voltage protection
• Display Data Channel (DDC) buffering and decoupling
• Hot-plug detection
• Back-drive protection
• Consumer Electronic Control (CEC) buffering and decoupling
• ±14kV ESD protection for contact discharges for all external I/Os. This far exceeds the requirements of the IEC 61000-4-2, level 4 standard.
The IP4788CZ32 incorporates transmission- line clamping technology on the high-speed Transition Minimised Differential Signalling (TMDS) lines to simplify routing and to help to reduce impedance discontinuities.
All TMDS lines are protected by an impedance- matched diode configuration which minimises the impedance discontinuities typically caused by conventional shunt diodes.
The IP4788CZ32’s 60mA linear regulator guarantees an HDMI-compliant 5V output voltage at inputs rising up to 6.5V.
The DDC lines use a new buffering method which decouples the internal capacitive load from the external capacitive load for use with standard CMOS or LVTTL I/O cells at voltages as low as 1.8V.
This buffering also redrives the DDC and CEC signals, allowing the use of longer or cheaper HDMI cables with a higher capacitance.
The only external component required for the operation of the IP4788CZ32 is a single capacitor.
- Supports HDMI 2.0 and all earlier standards
- Compatible with 6Gbits/s TMDS bit rate
- Supports 4K UHD 60Hz display modes
- Simple flow-through routing uses less PCB space
- Robust ESD protection without
- degradation after repeated ESD strikes
- Blu-ray DiscTM and DVD players
- Set-top boxes
- PC graphics cards
- Games consoles
- HDMI picture-quality enhancer modules