The P-NUCLEO-USB001 is an STM32 Nucleo pack supported by a certified embedded software solution, the X-CUBE-USB-PD. It provides the means to control two USB Type-C ports using a single STM32F072, a 32-bit microcontroller based on the ARM® Cortex®-M0 processor core.
The X-CUBE-USB-PD software conforms to the specifications of both the USB Type-C 1.2 and USB Power Delivery 2.0 specifications. A simple analogue front-end interfaces the STM32F072 MCU with the Configuration Channels (CC lines) of USB Type-C receptacles, and allows for communication over these lines using the USB Power Delivery communication protocol.
The P-NUCLEO-USB001 is fully configurable: it supports Provider, Consumer or Dual-Role Port (DRP) modes of USB operation.
The P-NUCLEO-USB001 pack consists of two boards: the NUCLEO-F072RB MCU board on which the USB protocol stack runs; and the MB1257 expansion board, which provides a USB Type-C physical interface. The pack also includes a certified USB Type-C full-featured cable.
- Two USB Type-C DRP receptacles
- USB2.0 Full-Speed data communication interface as a peripheral
- Load and discharge switches on the supply bus
- Voltage and current sensing for monitoring the supply bus
- EMI filters
- A power connector to interface with an external power supply (not supplied)
- Consumer devices
- Media players
- Games controllers
- Digital cameras and camcorders
- Printers and scanners
- Industrial products