The PCMFxUSB3S from Nexperia, which was formerly the standard products division of NXP Semiconductors, is a series of common-mode EMI filters with integrated ESD protection for one, two or three differential channels.
The devices generate low insertion losses on differential high-speed signals on each channel while attenuating unwanted common-mode signals. In differential mode, insertion loss at a frequency of 1MHz is just 0.3dB.
Each differential channel incorporates two signal lines that are coupled by integrated coils. Diodes provide protection to downstream components against ESD voltages for contact or air discharges of up
to ±15kV on each signal line. This ESD protection rating is consistent with the provisions of the IEC 61000-4-2 standard.
The PCMFxUSB3S devices offer superior RF performance when compared to that of other integrated filters or to discrete filters with external ESD protection.
Forward voltage is 0.8V at a forward current of 10mA.
- Good common-mode suppression over a wide frequency range
- ±7A peak pulse current
- Extremely high symmetry between line pairs
- Industry-standard wafer-level chip-scale packages
- Ambient-temperature range: -40°C to 85°C
- Mobile communications devices
- Mobile internet devices
- Devices with USB3.1, USB2.0, HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 1.4 interfaces
- Devices with a Camera Serial Interface (CSI) or Display Serial Interface (DSI)