The NCS36000 includes power circuitry to drive a sensor’s IR LED, and to interface to a pin of an external microcontroller.
The device integrates a two-stage amplifier circuit, consisting of two low-noise amplifiers and a low-dropout regulator which provides a low-noise power supply to drive the sensor.
The output of the amplifiers goes to a window comparator, which uses internal voltage references from the regulator.
An internal digital control circuit processes the output from the window comparator and provides the output to the Out pin, connected to an external MCU, and the LED pin.
- Internal oscillator
- Single or dual pulse detection
- Operating-voltage range: 3.0V to 5.75V
- 170μA maximum stand-by current
- Ambient-temperature range: -40°C to 85°C
- Security equipment
- Building-automation equipment
- Motion-triggered devices