Vicor’s Cool-Power® ZVS family of buck and buck-boost regulator modules enable power-system designers to achieve very high power density and benefit from great flexibility in point-of-load DC-DC regulation.
The integration of a high performance Zero-Voltage Switching (ZVS) topology increases point-of-load performance, offering best-in-class power efficiency up to 98%. Cool-Power ZVS Regulators are highly integrated, combining control circuitry, power semiconductors and support components in a high-density LGA system-in-package.
The ZVS topology enables high-frequency operation at high efficiency: switching losses are far lower than those associated with conventional hard-switching buck regulators.
The high switching frequency of the Cool- Power ZVS regulators also reduces the size of the external filtering components, improving power density while enabling fast dynamic response to changes in line and load.
Now Vicor has released evaluation boards to support the two latest members of the Cool-Power ZVS family:
- the PI3740-00-EVAL1 board demonstrates the PI3740 buck-boost regulator module’s ability to handle a wide input-voltage range of 8V to 60V, providing an output voltage over the range 10V to 50V. The maximum power rating is 140W.
- the PI3525-00-EVAL1 board enables evaluation of the PI3525 buck regulator. This module steps a 30V to 60V input down to a nominal 5V output, and has a maximum output-current rating of 20A.
- Integrated design is easy to use
- High-accuracy pre-trimmed output voltage
- Parallel-capable with single-wire current sharing
- Constant-current mode available for lighting applications
- LGA SiP package measures 10mm x 14mm x 2.56mm
- Wireless communications
- LED displays and lighting
- High-voltage battery systems
- Computing equipment
- Laser mapping and projection
- Industrial products
- Automotive systems