The maximum peak surge current is rated at up to 10kA for an 8/20μs pulse. This is sufficient to protect against indirect lightning strikes, switching surge transients and abnormally fast transients.
The HMOV series also succeeds in combining high-temperature operation with isolation from high voltages, offering 2,500V of isolation at a temperature of 125°C.
The varistors are available in three disc sizes: 10mm, 14mm and 20mm, and with straight leads, outer crimped leads and inner crimped leads.
- Complies with 1,000 cycle, -55°C to 125°C thermal shock cycling test
- Continuous voltage range:
- 14V to 825V DC
- 11V to 625V AC
- >1,000MΩ insulation resistance
- Industrial automation controls
- Solar power inverters
- Security systems
- Fire alarms and smoke detectors
- LED lighting
- Telecoms power supplies
- Power supplies for harsh environments