The 74HC4851 and 74HCT4851 from Nexperia are eight-channel analogue multiplexers/demultiplexers with three digital Select inputs, an active-low Enable input, eight independent I/Os and a common I/O. They are suitable for a variety of multiplexing, demultiplexing and signal-gating functions.
The devices feature injection current-effect control, which has great value in automotive applications, since operating voltages higher than the supply voltage are common. Injection current-effect control allows signals at disabled analogue input channels to exceed the supply voltage without affecting the
signal of the enabled analogue channel. This eliminates the need for the external diode/resistor networks typically used to keep analogue-channel signals within the supply-voltage range.
The 74HC4851 and 74HCT4851 are notable for their low on-state resistance across the supply-voltage range. Typical values are:
• 400Ω at 2.0V
• 215Ω at 3.0V
• 120Ω at 3.3V
• 76Ω at 4.5V
• 59Ω at 6.0V
- Conformance to JEDEC standard 7A
- <1mV/mA injection-current cross-coupling
- 74HC4851 offers wide supply-voltage range of 2.0V to 6.0V
- Latch-up performance exceeds 100mA according to JESD 78 Class II level A specification
- 2kV ESD protection on the human body model
- Automotive systems