The NTCALUG01A is a series of Negative Temperature Coefficient (NTC) thermistors from Vishay Intertechnology which offers easy mounting using a ring tongue terminal which may be screwed to the surface of the object to be measured.
The insulated sensor body is mounted inside the barrel of the ring tongue terminal, and it has two stranded, insulated copper leads which provide 600Vrms of insulation in accordance with the NEMA HP-3 type E specification.
The thermistor is therefore suitable for a wide range of surface sensing applications, especially when good electrical insulation and a good thermal contact with the chassis are required.
The sensor body is epoxy-coated and attached to the metal ring lug via a middle buffer layer.
The lug is made of tinned copper. The insulated leads are stranded AWG 24 wire with PTFE insulation, and have a diameter of 1.12mm.
The NTCALUG01A thermistors are available with resistance values at 25°C that range from 4.7kΩ to 100kΩ, and with a tolerance of this resistance value between ±1% and ±5%. The operating-temperature range is -40°C to 150°C, and the dissipation factor is 23mW/K.
- 7.5s thermal constant time
- AEC-Q200 grade 1 qualified
- UL recognised
- 1,500V AC minimum dielectric withstanding voltage between terminals and lug
- 100MΩ minimum insulation resistance between terminals and lug at 500V DC
- Automotive inlet air-temperature control
- Transmission oil-temperature control
- Engine-temperature control
- Automotive air-conditioning systems
- Frost sensors
- Domestic appliances
- Industrial process control
- Fire alarms
- Heating and ventilation equipment