Microsemi offers a full range of power modules featuring IGBTs from various generations of bipolar transistor technology, including Trench and Field Stop. Now new modules based on the latest Trench5 IGBTs are the perfect replacement for modules based on Non-Punch-Through (NPT) IGBTs.
The APTGTQxxxx Trench5 IGBT modules, which have a breakdown voltage rating of 650V, offer numerous benefits to designers of demanding power-conversion applications, including:
• Support for high-frequency operation. The modules are ideal for hard switching at frequencies between 30kHz and 100kHz.
• An isolated package which allows for direct mounting to a heat-sink
• Low junction-to-case thermal resistance
• Solderable terminals for both power and signals, for easy PCB mounting
• Low profile
The new Trench5 IGBTs in the Microsemi modules offer several performance advantages over the previous generations of IGBTs. At 20kHz, a Trench5 IGBT produces 24% lower power losses than the earlier Trench4 Fast family of IGBTs.
In addition, the variation in power losses over the switching-frequency range is lower than that of the Trench4 Fast family. Further, when used with a Silicon Carbide (SiC) parallel diode, power losses can be reduced even more.
|Topologies and Continuous Current @ TC C= 25°C||Part Number||Size|
|Phase Leg||100A||SP1||APTGTQ100A65T1G||51.6 x 40.8 x 12mm|
|Phase Leg||200A||SP3F||APTGTQ200A65T3G||73.4 x 42.5 x 12mm|
|Boost||100A||SP1||APTGTQ100DA65T1G||51.6 x 40.8 x 12mm|
|Boost||200A||SP3F||APTGTQ200DA65T3G||73.4 x 42.5 x 12mm|
|Buck||100A||SP1||APTGTQ100SK65T1G||51.6 x 40.8 x 12mm|
|Buck||200A||SP3F||APTGTQ200SK65T3G||73.4 x 42.5 x 12mm|
|Dual Boost||100A||SP3F||APTGTQ100DDA65T3G||73.4 x 42.5 x 12mm|
|Full Bridge||100A||SP3F||APTGTQ100H65T3G||73.4 x 42.5 x 12mm|
|Triple Phase Leg||50A||SP3F||APTGTQ50TA65T3G||73.4 x 42.5 x 12mm|
|Triple Phase Leg||150A||SP6P||APTGTQ150TA65TPG||108 x 62 x 12mm|
- Kelvin emitter for easy driving
- Very low stray inductance
- Lead frames for power connections
- High level of integration
- Internal thermistor
- Battery chargers
- Solar power generation equipment
- Welding equipment
- Uninterruptible power supplies
- Induction heating