The QN9080 from NXP Semiconductors is an ultra low-power, high- performance and highly integrated Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) System- on-Chip (SoC) for Bluetooth Smart applications. It complies with the latest Bluetooth v5 specification.
The QN9080 integrates a BLE radio, controller, protocol stack and profile software on a single chip, providing a flexible and easy-to-use BLE system. It also includes a high-performance MCU based on a 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M4F core, on-chip memory, and peripherals for users to develop a complete wireless application.
Additional system features include a DC-DC controller and LDO, low-power sleep timer, battery monitor, 16-bit ADC and GPIOs.
The QN9080 operates from a single power supply ranging between 1.8V and 3.6V, and offers very low power consumption in all modes.
The QN9080 is housed in a 6.0mm x 6.0mm 48-lead QFN package, and offers 35 GPIOs. NXP also supplies the QN9083, which has the same features and performance, but is housed in a 3.2mm x 3.2mm chip-scale package and offers 28 GPIOs.
- Wi-Fi®/Bluetooth co-existence interface
- Supports concurrent master and slave modes, with up to 16 simultaneous connections
- 512kbytes of Flash and 128kbytes of RAM
- -95dBm in LDO mode
- -93dBm in DC-DC converter mode
- Transmit output power range: -20dBm to 2dBm in 2dB steps
- Wearable devices
- Healthcare equipment
- Sports and fitness trackers
- Keyboards, mice and remote controls
- Smart home nodes