STMicroelectronics’ STM32 Open Development Environment (ODE) Smart Microphone Function Pack is a software implementation of various advanced audio capabilities supported by ST’s audio processing libraries for its microphones and microcontrollers.
The function pack, which has the part number FP-AUD-SMARTMIC1, works with arrays of ST’s digital MEMS microphones, and performs microphone acquisition, beam-forming, source localisation and acoustic echo cancellation.
In this example application, sound is captured by ST’s dual MEMS microphone expansion board, the X-NUCLEO-CCA02M1. It is then processed through an STM32 Nucleo development board, the NUCLEO- F446RE, which supports Arduino and ST morpho connectivity. It is then sent to a USB host or a loudspeaker connected to the sound terminal expansion board based on the STA350BW, the X-NUCLEO-CCA01M1 board.
This sample implementation can also be run on the BlueCoin starter kit, the STEVAL- BCNKT01V1 for augmented acoustic and motion sensing in IoT applications.
The project is based on STM32Cube software technology to ease portability across different STM32 MCUs.
- Software expansion for STM32Cube:
- AcousticBF real-time beam forming
- AcousticEC real-time acoustic echo cancellation
- AcousticSL real-time sound source localisation
- Graphical user interface for controlling parameters and algorithms from a host PC
- Free licence
- Mobile devices
- Portable media players
- Speech-recognition systems
- E-learning devices
- Gaming and virtual reality input devices
- Anti-theft systems