Future Electronics has developed the Nebula IoT cloud-ready board based on Cypress Semiconductor wireless communications technology. It enables system designers to quickly create IoT device prototypes and deploy IoT ecosystems.
Wireless connectivity is provided by a Murata 1DX module, which features the Cypress CYW4343W, a chipset containing Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth® Low Energy and Bluetooth Classic radios. The Bluetooth radio conforms to the 4.2 version of the standard, including the Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) feature.
The board also includes STMicroelectronics’ STM32F429, a microcontroller based on an ARM® Cortex®-M4 core, and offering 2Mbytes of Flash and up to 256kbytes of SRAM.
The Nebula board supports application development through Cypress’ WICED (Wireless Internet Connectivity for Embedded Devices) platform. WICED is the only software development kit to combine support for wireless, MCUs and memory in a single Eclipse-based Integrated Development Environment (IDE) running on a Windows, OS X or Linux operating system.
The board is equipped with four different interfaces for accessing the STM32F429’s peripherals:
• Arduino Shield
• mikroBUSTM socket
• Pmod connector/interface
The Nebula board provides for the user to connect a wide variety of standard add-on boards via these connectors. These add- on boards are intended for use in specific applications such as motor control, sensors and wireless connectivity.
- Indicator LEDs
- Two user buttons
- Temperature sensor
- 8Mbit serial Flash memory IC
- Asset tracking
- Energy management
- Fitness monitors
- Lighting controls
- HVAC equipment
- Portable controls
- Security equipment
- Building automation
Orderable Part Number: NEB1DX-01
• The Nebula board is an IoT cloud-ready board developed by Future Electronics which allows developers to quickly prototype and deploy their IoT ecosystems.
• Wireless connectivity is supported by the Murata 1DX module which houses the Cypress-based CYW4343W Wi-Fi and BLE (v.4.1 +EDR) chipset radio.
• The board contains STMicroelectronics’ STM32F429 MCU which is an ARM® Cortex®-M4, with 32bit RISC core, 2MB Flash and up to 256kB SRAM.
• The Nebula board supports application development through Cypress’ Wireless Internet Connectivity for Embedded Devices (WICED) platform. WICED is the only SDK that combines wireless, MCUs and memory in one environment that runs on Windows, OS X and Linux through Eclipse-based IDE.
• The board is equipped with 4 different interfaces to access the STM32F429 peripherals to enable developers to create any IoT application:
1. ArduinoTM Compatible Shield
2. mikroBUSTM Socket 3. PmodTM Type 2A 4. USB Device
• The board is designed for users to explore the vast opportunities in IoT applications such as asset tracking, energy management, fitness, lighting controls, HVAC, portable controls, security and building automation.
• In addition, the Nebula board explores easy hardware expandability through a large number of standardised add-on boards via these connectors, with each one focusing on a different application such as motor controls, sensors and wireless connectivity to enable IoT development. These will be available to purchase from Future Electronics.