The SPSGRFC from STMicroelectronics is a series of easy-to-use, low-power RF modules based on ST’s SPIRIT1 RF transceiver operating in license-free bandwidth at frequencies below 1GHz. Offering many programmable features, each module provides a complete RF platform in a tiny 11.5mm x 13.5mm x 2.0mm form factor.
The series includes three parts, the SPSGRFC-433, SPSGRFC-868 and SPSGRFC-915, operating at 433MHz, 868MHz or 915MHz. The SPSGRFC RF module is CE, FCC and IC certified and enables the integration of wireless connectivity in electronic devices without requiring specialist RF experience or expertise.
The modules implement various signal modulation schemes: Frequency Shift Keying (FSK), Gaussian FSK, Minimum Shift Keying (MSK), Gaussian MSK, On-Off Keying (OOK) and Amplitude Shift Keying (ASK). They include a u.FL connector to an external antenna.
The SPSGRFC is pin- and firmware- compatible with the earlier SPSGRF family. It is rated for operation over a temperature range of -40°C to 85°C.
- Data rates up to 500kbits/s
- -118dBm receiver sensitivity
- Programmable output power up to 11.6dBm
- Serial peripheral interface
- Up to 32 programmable I/O functions on four programmable module pins
- Automatic meter reading
- Home and building automation
- Wireless sensor networks
- Industrial monitoring and control
- Wireless fire and security alarm systems
- Point-to-point wireless links
- 6LoWPAN MESH networks
- Wireless M-Bus devices