The STUSB1602 can handle all USB-C controller functions, including:
• attach detection
• plug orientation detection
• host-to-device connection
• connector voltage support
• supply voltage configuration
It also provides a line driver for USB Power Delivery (PD) Transmit and Receive signals, and a Biphase Mark Coding (BMC) transceiver, which provides for USB PD negotiation and alternative-mode operation through an external microcontroller.
The STUSB1602 is compliant with the USB Type-C standard revision 1.2 and the USB PD standard revision 2.0. It is compatible with version 3.0 of the USB PD standard.
- Configurable start-up profiles
- Integrated power switch for connector voltage supply
- Support for dead battery operation
- I2C interface and interrupt
- Integrated supply-voltage monitoring
- Smart plugs, wall power adapters and chargers
- Power hubs and docking stations
- Gaming devices
- Cameras, camcorders and media players
- Any USB Type-C source or sink device
The P-NUCLEO-USB002 kit allows designers to explore the performance of the STM32F072 32-bit MCU and two STUSB1602 USB Type-C port controllers, for developing applications which manage one or two USB Type-C ports.
Orderable Part Number: P-NUCLEO-USB002