New bus bar power connectors and cable assemblies from TE Connectivity (TE) offer lower power consumption in power-distribution applications when used to provide a connection either for the power supply or for a back-up battery.
Suitable for use in telecoms and networking equipment, the bus bar connectors and cable assemblies conform to the specifications set for Open Compute Project (OCP) applications. They can also be used in products in which a 150A or 500A connection is needed.
These TE bus bar connectors and cable assemblies feature a low-cost, robust design which offers low contact resistance and better heat dissipation than other power products currently in the market. By cutting power losses and improving power consumption, these connectors can help to reduce the cost of data-centre operations. In addition, the same connector can be used for either 12V or 48V power and for either power or return.
The connectors and cable assemblies are available with several current ratings:
• The 500A bus bar connectors are optimised for power and battery back-up shelves
• The 150A connectors are for use in cubby shelves
• The 25A and 50A cable assemblies are ideal for individual server sleds
- Robust metal connector is designed to withstand rack installation
- Low-profile connectors
- Custom cable assemblies available
- OCP reference designs
- Power shelves
- Battery back-up shelves
- IT trays/cubby shelves
- Server sleds