The new ENC series of optical encoders from C&K benefits from the use of light-grating technology through two integrated optocouplers to produce consistent output signals which are compatible with modern digital devices.
The ENC series encoders provide excellent performance at a lower cost than similar solutions on the market.
Standard ENC series parts are 16-position incremental optical encoders which produce a 2-channel, 2-bit output signal at every 22.5° rotation ±2°. Various customisation options are available for parameters including torque, termination type and length of cable assembly.
The ENC optical encoders offer a reliable alternative to electro-mechanical rotary switches: they are immune to the contamination caused by grease, dust, dirt or moisture which can cause mechanical switches to fail prematurely. The C&K encoders are also resistant to shock, vibration and jitter.
- Integrated push-button for ‘press to enter’ functionality
- Lifetime: minimum 300,000 rotations
- 12mm x 15mm footprint
- Panel-mount with screw thread
- 5.0V operating voltage
- Operating-temperature range: -40°C to 90°C
- Human-machine interfaces
- Flow-control devices
- Patient-monitoring equipment
- Test and measurement instruments
- Automotive cabin controls