The Economy Power series of connectors is rated for a continuous current of up to 7.5A. In the economy power II series, this maximum current value rises to 11A.
Terminal Position Assurance (TPA) devices are available in the Economy Power II connector series. TPA ensures that the contacts are fully seated in the housing. This helps to avoid downtime and costly service calls to repair equipment failures that are due to a backed-out contact. In addition, a latch helps to prevent unintended disconnection.
The two connector families offer a variety of housing and header styles and configurations in Glow Wire-compatible material.
- 3.96mm, 5.08mm and 7.92mm centre line options
- Voltage rating:
- 250V AC: Economy Power
- 600V AC: Economy Power II
- Wire-to-board, shrouded and unshrouded header configurations
- Operating-temperature range:
- -25°C to 105°C: Economy Power
- -55°C to 105°C: Economy Power II
- Models available that comply with GWEPT 750°C and UL94 V-0 flammability standards
- UL recognised
- Household appliances
- Industrial machinery
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning equipment
- Commercial and building equipment
- Vending machines
- Coin changers