As the complexity and functionality of electronics products increases, designers are looking for improved ways to reconcile the demand for thinner form factors with the requirement for multiple antennas, higher data rates and increased operating frequencies.
This intensifies the risk that EMI will impair system performance, and creates an urgent need for high- performance EMI shielding devices.
This is why TE Connectivity (TE) has extended its range of stamped one- and two-piece metal EMI shields, which help provide isolation of board- level components, minimise crosstalk and reduce EMI susceptibility without impacting system speed.
TE is able to supply both custom designs and off-the-shelf solutions that are immediately available.
The new standard Board-Level Shielding (BLS) portfolio is available in both industry-standard Cold-Rolled Steel (CRS) and aluminium material.
Aluminium offers various benefits which include:
• Weight saving – aluminium is one-third the density of CRS material
• Improved thermal conductivity – aluminium can provide up to five times better thermal conductivity than CRS
Aluminium and CRS shields offer similar levels of attenuation of RF interference.
- Standard portfolio available on-demand in CRS and aluminium materials
- Proven designed-in features
- Rapid-turn tooling and prototyping of custom products
- Streamlined, automated and continuous production line
- Consumer electronics devices
- Point-of-sale equipment
- Wireless meters
- Wireless speakers
- Wearable devices
- IoT equipment