Vishay Intertechnology has introduced a new series of high-energy wet tantalum capacitors which offers the industry’s highest capacitance-voltage product ratings for this device type, across various case sizes.
The new EP1 capacitor series is intended for use in pulse power and energy hold-up applications in military and avionics systems.
Built on Vishay’s proven SuperTan® technology, the EP1 series offers capacitance values up to 13,000μF at 50V in the A case size, some 18% higher than the closest competing device offers.
The capacitor is supplied in an all-tantalum, hermetically-sealed case which offers high reliability in demanding applications. For increased design flexibility, the EP1 is available with radial through-hole or surface-mount terminations, each with a stud-mount option.
Maximum equivalent series resistance values at 1kHz and 25°C range from as low as 0.03Ω to 0.10Ω.
- Capacitance range: 2,000μF to 30,000μF in the A case size
- Voltage-rating range: 25V to 125V DC
- Available in A, B, and C case sizes
- Capacitance tolerance: ±20% (standard) or ±10%
- Available with tin/lead or RoHS-compliant 100% tin terminations
- Operating-temperature range: -55°C to 85°C (125°C with derating)
- Laser guidance systems
- Radar equipment