The new LPC540xx MCUs’ power-efficient architecture, built-in HMI functions and flexible communications peripherals make them suitable for use in next-generation IoT devices.
The security functionality in the new MCUs includes an on-chip hardware AES encryption engine, which accelerates the processing involved in assuring data integrity and proof of origin. Encryption operations are supported by the provision of a general-purpose one-time programmable memory for storing security keys as well as user data.
The LPC540xx family offers considerable system design flexibility because of the wealth of communications interfaces that it provides.
These include a quad-SPI Flash interface, two CAN Flexible Data-rate modules and a graphics TFT-LCD controller. In addition, up to 11 FlexComm channels are available: these can be configured in software as a USART, serial peripheral or I2C interface.
The new MCUs are compatible with earlier members of the LPC54000 series, giving designers a migration path to increased processing power and additional peripherals.
- 100μA/MHz active-mode current
- Two ISO 7816 smart card interfaces
- USB2.0 Hi-Speed host/device controller with on-chip high-speed PHY
- USB2.0 Full-Speed host/device controller with on-chip PHY
- Ethernet media access controller
- 12-channel 12-bit ADC
- Temperature sensor
- Building control and automation
- Diagnostic equipment
- Multi-node/multi-protocol communication hubs
- Human-machine interfaces
- Data collectors
- Infotainment systems
- Navigation equipment
- Telematics and fleet management