NXP Semiconductors offers a complete hardware and software solution which simplifies the implementation of touch-based user interfaces. The solution includes software which works simply and seamlessly with the NXP capacitive touch-sensing hardware IP on the company’s Kinetis E15Z series of microcontrollers.
Designers who create touch-sensing interfaces based on the NXP touch solution will benefit from:
• robust EMC performance and noise immunity
• support for both the self-capacitance and mutual-capacitance modes of touch sensing. The NXP touch system can be used to create matrix touch pads with up to 36 (6×6) inputs
• effective performance in the presence of liquids such as water, oil and condensation
• high sensitivity for operation through thick overlay materials
Software enablement is provided through an NXP Touch Library based on its MCUXpresso Software Development Kit (SDK). This provides application programming interfaces for high-level touch applications, which means the developer does not need to spend time on low-level hardware configuration. Typical design examples help developers to get started quickly on new projects.
Available as source code, the NXP touch software features touch-detection algorithms, and is ideally suited to RTOS-based applications. It uses a modular architecture with a variety of touch-centric controls, modules, and electrode data objects, enabling the creation of integrated and customisable features.
- Up to 256kbytes of Flash
- Up to 32kbytes of SRAM
- Two-channel, 12-bit ADC
- Two analogue comparators
- Real-time clock
- Home appliances
- 5V motor control
- Industrial control systems
- Smart lighting
- Circuit breakers