STMicroelectronics has introduced the Atollic® TrueSTUDIO® for STM32 professional development tool, which includes advanced debug and software engineering features that help developers who work with STM32 microcontrollers to increase their efficiency.
TrueSTUDIO for STM32 is a flexible and extensible Integrated Development Environment (IDE) which is based on the Eclipse and GNU open standard tool suites. ST has extended it with professional features for code management and advanced system analysis. This gives a unique insight into the structure and the dynamic behaviour of STM32-based systems.
In particular, TrueSTUDIO provides STM32 developers with a wide selection of system-analysis functions, helping STMICROELECTRONICS them to assess design soundness from various perspectives, including static analysis of memory and stack usage. The tool also enables users to visualise the dynamic behaviour of the system as it runs.
Additional features include automatic hard-fault crash analysis, which works out the reasons for a system crash, where it occurred, and under which circumstances.
The release of Atollic TrueSTUDIO for STM32 is a result of ST’s acquisition of Atollic at the end of 2017.
- Project management tools including project wizards, importers and configuration tools
- Advanced code editing
- Navigation, refactoring, styling and structure visualisation
- Highly optimised C/C++ compiler
- Assembler, linker and utilities
- RTOS-aware debugger
- Client for bug- and issue-tracking systems such as Bugzilla, Trac and Mantis
- Designs based on STM32 microcontrollers