The STUSB1602 is a USB Type-C™ controller which implements port management on the host and/or device side, and is suited for a broad range of applications.
The STUSB1602 can handle all USB-C controller functions, including:
• attach detection
• plug orientation detection
• host-to-device connection
• connector voltage support
• supply voltage configuration
It also provides a line driver for USB Power Delivery (PD) Transmit and Receive signals, and a Biphase Mark Coding (BMC) transceiver, which provides for USB PD negotiation and alternative-mode operation through an external microcontroller.
The STUSB1602 is compliant with the USB Type-C standard revision 1.2 and the USB PD standard revision 2.0. It is compatible with version 3.0 of the USB PD standard.
- Configurable start-up profiles
- Integrated power switch for connector voltage supply
- Support for dead battery operation
- I²C interface and interrupt
- Integrated supply-voltage monitoring
- Accessory mode support
- Smart plugs, wall power adapters and chargers
- Power hubs and docking stations
- Gaming devices
- Cameras, camcorders and media players
- Any USB Type-C source or sink device
Orderable Part Number: P-NUCLEO-USB002