The DGD2136 from Diodes Inc., is an integrated three-phase gate driver for driving N channel MOSFETs or IGBTs in a half-bridge configuration, and is intended for use in Brushless DC (BLDC) and permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSMs).
The device is optimised for three-phase applications, driving three half-bridges formed from N-channel MOSFETs or IGBTs. A high- voltage process enables the floating high- side drivers to operate at up to 600V while the driver outputs feature current buffers to minimise driver cross-conduction. Standard logic-level inputs at voltages as low as 2.4V provide an easy control interface.
The DGD2136 incorporates multiple protection functions:
• over-current is sensed via an external resistor to turn off all outputs
• matched propagation delays with an internal dead-time and shoot-through logic prevent both outputs from being high when both inputs are high (a fault state)
• an under-voltage lock-out shuts down the respective high-side output
• built-in immunity to high transients at the Supply Voltage pin minimises the risk of false triggering
The driver also has a fault signal output which enables monitoring of the driver stage, and which can be used with the RC input pin to provide an adjustable reset time.
- 200mA source and 350mA sink output-current capability
- 3.3V logic input with Schmitt trigger
- Operating-temperature range: -40°C to 125°C
- Household appliances
- Power and garden tools
- Air conditioners
- Sewing machines
- Industrial motors